Breakfast/brunch is one of my favorite meals of the day. Usually I don't wake up early enough to take full advantage of such a luxurious event and am relegated to a bowl of cereal at my desk, but MAN! is it great when I can indulge. Unfortunately, those times haven't really occurred recently due to my rather hectic schedule of interning and working the brunch shift at a restaurant—however, I wait with baited breathe for my morning feasts to return. I'm a much bigger fan of the savory side of life, so what better than meat, potatoes, and cheese?
That's what I thought.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 cup diced ham
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbsps. half-and-half (can substitute milk)
- 1/2 cup (or more) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450˚F.
- Fry the diced potatoes in a skillet with some oil. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- When the potatoes are almost done, add in the ham to sauté with the spuds.
- Beat the eggs with the dairy (the half-and-half/milk helps tenderize the eggs) and add to the skillet.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and place in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into wedges, and serve.